Wednesday 2 October 2013

Wednesday 2nd October 2013

In today's Media Studies lesson I was working on Photoshop. My task was to create the front cover of a magazine or a poster using photoshop. Before starting my teacher showed us some skills we can use when making our magazine covers or posters. These skills included, filling the text with a certain picture. You do this my inserting the text, then going to the magic wand tool and clicking on the letter you want to fill. Once you have clicked on the letter you want to fill and the little white lines are around it you can go to the internet and copy the image you want to add into the letter. Once you have found the image you want and copied it, you have to go back onto Photoshop and go to edit (on the toolbar at the top of the screen) and click 'paste copy' and the image will be inside the letter. I had to be careful when choosing what text to used as some of the fonts were not wide enough to fit the images in.

My poster had to be based on 'e safety'. I filled each letter of the title with an image. I did this by using the skills we learnt at the beginning of the lesson. For example, I filled the first letter 'e' with the internet explorer logo, I then filled all of the other letters with different logos from social networking sites. Once I had inserted the title, I could now design my poster around this. I based the information on my poster on how to stay safe on the internet, the information included things such as "not talking to strangers" and "not posting personal information online. I also had to include images on my poster. 

I found today's lesson very useful as I learnt many new skills on Photoshop that I didn't know about before the lesson. Now that I know these skills it means that I can use them when I start making my magazine. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment