Sunday 20 October 2013

Friday 18th October 2013

In today's Media Studies lesson, we started learning about our preliminary task and what we need to include in this task. 

We started off the lesson by going through a PowerPoint about what the coursework will involve. Once we had done this, we were given a task by our teacher. He handed us out the front cover of a magazine, in pairs. Using this front cover of the magazine we had to identify the different features of this magazine. These could include:

-Heading
-mast head
-cover line
-pug
-strap line
-main image
-barcode

After we had done this, we went onto the main task of today's lesson. This was choosing colours and fonts we would use on the front cover of our magazines. At first we had to choose 3 fonts and 3 colours. After we had identified 3 for each, we had to choose the one in which we would be most likely to use. This research was very effective, as I know it will help me when I come to choosing fonts and colours for my actual magazine cover. As well as identifying the colours and fonts, I had to say why I chose them.

Below, you will find my colours and fonts research from today's lesson and why I chose these.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment