Tuesday 22 October 2013

Mood Board

In today's Media Studies lesson, I had to create a mood board. This mood board had to include, images, pictures, writing styles. The idea of this task was that we got an idea of what we wanted to include on our own magazines.
  • Was there a certain text styles
  • Was there a certain colour we liked
I had to cut out any colours, logos, images, text styles I liked and I had to stick them on my mood board. This mood board was also effective in showing me what colours stand out the most on a magazine cover: 
  • Bold text is more effective and stands out more, this will catch the readers eye
  • It is better to put darker coloured text against a lighter coloured background e.g. yellow background, navy blue text
  • White text is also good to use on a magazine cover
  • A magazine colour should include different features such as, a heading, sub-heading, strap line, mast head etc.
  •  
  • I can use this mood board to help me choose text styles and colours when coming to make my magazine cover.
 Below, you will find the mood board that I made in today's lesson:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment