Wednesday 9 October 2013

Friday 4th October 2013

In today's media studies lesson we were learning about different cameras and the different fatures of these cameras. To start of the lesson my teacher went through a powerpoint with us showing us all of the different types of cameras. For example, we were showed what a point and shoot camera was. A shoot and point camera is a lightweight photographic camera with an autofocus. A point and shoot camera wouldn't be suitable for someone like a photographer as the megapixels on the camera aren't good enough, therefore if the photographer wanted to take an image from far away, when they zoom in the photo would be blurry. We also learnt about DSLR camera's. A DSLR camera is a 'Digital Single-Lens Reflex' camera. A DSLR camera produces better quality pictures compared to a point and shoot camera, therefore this camera would be suitable for a photographer.
 
Once my teacher had gone through the powerpoint, we had to do research on three cameras. However, when doing this research we were givern three budgets on how much the cameras we were researching could be. These budgets were:
 
-£170
-£700
-£2000
 
I had to take these budgets into consideration whilst doing my research. Whilst doing my research I had to take note of the three cameras within these three budgets and the main features of the cameras. I also had to say who I thought these cameras would be suitble for. Below, you will find my three chosen cameras within the budget provided for us:
 
£700 budget (Nikon D5200)

£2000 budget
£170 budget

(who each camera would be suitable for)
 
 
After I had finished researching I had to get a partner and collect a 'point and shoot' camera from my teacher. We were set a task called 'Catholic life through a lens'. We had to go around the school and take pictures of anything related to catholic life. We had to take into account everything we had just learnt in the lesson and use this when taking our pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment