Monday 20 January 2014

Justification Of Images

I took lots of potential photos that I could use for the front cover, contents page and my double page spread. However, it is not appropriate to use all of these images in my magazine, therefore, I had to come to a conclusion of what images I wanted to use for each element of my magazine and which images I did not want to use. 


I decided not to use this image in my magazine because the lighting doesn't catch the reader’s attention and wouldn't look very good on the cover of a magazine as it doesn't stand out to catch the reader’s attention.

                  

I decided to use this image on my double page spread because I wanted to add something different to my double page spread. To do this, I added three images to the right side of my double page spread. I liked that the lighting used made the model stand out from the background and the Props used were not used in any other images throughout my magazine. 


I decided not to use the images above in my magazine because the models pose didn't conform the codes and conventions of other POP magazines and didn't justify who she is as a person. Also, this lighting in the image isn't very good and has a dark shadow going around the model which wouldn't make the model stand out to the reader.

I decided not to use the two images above because the model is not looking directly into the camera, which is not the camera angle that I wanted. I wanted an image where where the model is looking directly into the camera as this allows me to grab the readers attention and make the magazine look more inviting. 


I decided not to use this image in my magazine because if I used it as one of the background images on my front cover, there wouldn't be much room to write around the image as well as allowing the image to stand out. In addition to this, the shadow behind the model, doesn't allow her to stand out as much as she could and this wouldn't grab the reader’s attention.


The reason I didn't use this image on my double page spread, contents page or the front cover of my magazine is because although the lighting is good and focuses on the models face, the mise-en-scene isn't represented very clearly in the image (models clothing and props) which wouldn’t make the magazine very interesting to look at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment