Sunday 19 January 2014

Planned Photo-Shoots

Item/Model
Shot type/angle/ distance
Macro,
Flash and Lighting

Background
Positioning on front cover/TOC
Details of editing
Beth Hayes
 Mid-shot level
Against a white background. The flash is required in this image to ensure that the image is kept looking professional and the image is clear.
Against a white background, this ensures that the main image and the text on the front cover stands out against this white background.
  The picture will be the biggest feature on the page and will be placed in the centre of the page.
I may edit some of the lighting on Photoshop to ensure that the models face isn't too bright and I might also change the background using Photoshop if I don’t like what the pain white background looks like on the front cover.
NO PROPS.
Beth Hayes
Close up of her face
The flash will be on but the camera will be far away and zoomed in as if you go too close to her face with the flash, it will come up to bright when the photo is taken. I have to make sure the camera is at least 1 meter away to prevent any exposure.
The image will be taken against a white background; however I might change the background of the image using Photoshop at another time.
The picture will be the biggest feature on the page and will be placed in the centre of the page.
I may have to turn the brightness up and down depending on what the image looks like on Photoshop. I may also change the background if the text doesn’t stand out against it.

NO PROPS.
Beth Hayes
High angle shot
The high angle shot will be focused on the face and the model will be looking into the camera, therefore the flash needs to be on to ensure that the models face can be seen as clear as possible.
The image will be taken against a plain white wall. However, you won’t really be able to see the background as the focus will be on the models face due to it being a high angle shot.
The picture will be the biggest feature on the page and will be placed in the centre of the page.
I may have to turn the brightness up and down depending on what the image looks like on Photoshop. I will also put a focal point on the models face.

NO PROPS.

My Photos






Shoot Date: 24/01/14

My Reason for having no background and just having a plain white background is because, especially for a POP magazine, where you want the artist/model to stand out, I believe that having a bright coloured or location as a background will take away the whole focus of the actual artist as a person and the attention won't be on the face of the model which is the first thing that you want the reader to see. Also, from researching other POP magazines I realised that there is no pop magazines that have a location as their background, they either all have a plain white background or a colour to match their house style. A plain white background not only allows the reader to focus on the model but makes the magazine look more professional like the photo's have been taken in a studio. This also ties in with my reason for having no/very minimal Props in any of my images. The only props I have used throughout my whole image is an Iphone, which the model is holding in one of the images, a flower crown, which the model is wearing in every image and sunglasses which the model is wearing in a few images. This is again because I didn't want props to take away the focus of the main artist, I wanted the whole focus of the magazine to be the model in the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment