Monday 6 January 2014

5) How did you attract/address your audience?

Before, I started to create my magazine; I did some research on other school magazines, to see what techniques they used to attract their target audience. There were many different techniques and magazine conventions that I had to use in my magazine to attract my target audience. I also used topics that people can relate to throughout my magazine. For example "Top 10 exam tips" this isn't just open to one target audience, it is open to a range of people. I also interviewed other students from the school for my school magazine, this will attract my audience because they will be able to relate to that students point of view. The photographs that I took were taken on the school grounds which the target audience would also recognise and be able to connect with it.

As well as using these techniques throughout the design process of my magazine, I also addressed my target audience by constantly asking what their opinions were regarding my magazine throughout its production; this meant that I could get feedback on ways to improve my magazine to make them want to read it anymore. I also linked it into the colours of the school so that they knew that the magazine was designed for them to read as this would make it more appealing than using colours that didn’t relate to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment