Monday 11 November 2013

Implementing Each Production Tip

I will be implementing each production tip.

Conception: I have chosen to use a picture of three students engaging in conversation outdoors as the main focal point because this image is related to the main story in the magazine and will catch the reader’s attention. I need to make sure I prepared before taking my image, this includes making  plan of how my images will be set out. I will implement this by ensuring that the images are appropriate for the product.

Before taking my images, I will plan them and produce a design of how my images will be placed on the page, this will help me to take the right shot when I am taking photos. Knowing roughly where the image is going helps a photographer with the instinct for the right shot.

Framing and Composition: I have chosen to use a picture of  picture of three students engaging in conversation outdoors as the main focal point because this image is related to the main story in the magazine and will catch the readers attention, I will take lots more images than what I need. I have chosen to use a mid show as my main camera angle. I will implement this by taking more images than I need. Framing can be adjusted at the design/editing stage, if my  framing is better then I will produce a better quality image. 

The photographer is in control of what the viewer sees: the angle, the subject of the picture, will it be a close up or further away? I will compose my shot like an artist would compose a painting. This will help me to decide what angle I should take my image at, I need to make sure that it is suitable for the viewer to see.

Shot distant: I have chosen to use a picture of  picture of three students engaging in conversation outdoors , I need to make sure that I am taking the image from the right distant as I will not be able to change this in the editing stage, I can ensure that I take it from the right distant by using the zoom function. 

There is not much I can do to alter this in editing, so this needs to be exactly how I want it. The zoom function will allow you a variety of different distances from your subject. I will mostly be using medium close up shots.

Mise en Scene: This means ‘putting into scene’. For still images, this is constructed through the photography and editing stage. I need to make clear decisions about lighting, costume, appearance, props for the shot, background imagery and colour. 

Therefore, if there is books, pens and tables in the shot, I will need to decide these before I take my photo. I need to make sure that everything I have planned to be in the picture, is in the picture. I need to ensure that I make clear decisions when taking my pictures. 

Colour and resolution: I have to make sure I test print my images to make sure they come out the way that I want them to before I print my actual images. How the image looks on the camera, will not look the same way when it prints.

 The computer you use for downloading and editing will have an impact on the quality of your resolution and colour. You should do a trial run to see what your image will actually look like when you print it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment