Monday 10 March 2014

Contents Page First Draft & Feedback

Before, I start to create my contents page, I need to ensure that I have an idea of where I want everything to be placed on my contents page and that I follow the rules and conventions of a normal magazine cover. 

When designing the draft of my magazine, I had to think about:
  • Where I am going to place the content
  • Where I am going to place any images
  • Text fonts/sizes and colours
  • How I am going to edit any images

I am going to use this draft to help me create my contents page and to ensure that I know where I am going to place everything on the page.


Below, you will find my draft:


Feedback:

Editor’s letters are normally used in music magazines aimed at younger audiences and as yours is aimed at older female teenagers, you may not need to have one in your magazine. You could use the space to allow the main image on the contents page to stand out a little bit more.

The layout of the text on the left hand side of the page next to the main image is appropriate and unique to the magazine.

Make sure the text used for the masthead/title of the contents page is bold and stands out so that the audience are aware that it is a contents page.

Ensure the colours used for the text and editing of the image are the same ones that are used on the front cover, this makes the magazine look professional and makes it more recognisable to the target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment